The symposium dedicated to rectal cancer organized by Dr. Ferdinand Bauer, director of medical imaging Centers-Kaufbeuren, Landsberg and Füssen, Germany, at Casa Bauer in Villány (Palkonya, Pecs, Uhungary) in 2017 was a success of all Points of view.
From a professional-scientific point of view, rectal cancer has experienced a multimodal approach of some Romanian, Hungarian branded specialists, of which we recall:
– Dr. Dudea Sorin (echografist)-Endosonography in evaluating rectal tumors: When and why?
– Dr. Ferdinand Bauer (Radiologist, Imagist) – The structured report in rectal cancer – MRI
– Dr. Dragos Predescu (surgeon)-Surgical therapy in colorectal cancer: adoption of a decision and treatment management options
– PD Dr. Volovat Constantin (oncologist)-circulating tumor cells in colorectal cancer actualities and controversy
– Prof. Dr. Duta Ciprian (surgeon) – Rectal cancer – a 20-year journey from amputation at Ta-TME
– Prof. Dr. Adrian Bartos (surgeon)-Therapeutic options in advanced colorectal cancer
– Prof. Dr. Copotoiu Constantin (surgeon)-intersphincterial resections (ISR) in advanced rectal cancers
– Prof. Dr. Ciuce Constantin (surgeon) – Pelvic exenteration in tumor relapses after rectum amputation
– Prof. Dr. Gustav Bauer (surgeon) – Current treatment and prevention OF erectile dysfunction (DE) in pelvic ablative surgery
– PD Dr. Gabor Istvan (Surgeon) – laparoscopy: Standard technique in Colorectal surgery
– Prof. Dr. Scripcariu Viorel (surgeon) – Multidisciplinary approach to colorectal cancer. Experience of a surgical team
– Prof. Dr. Traean Burcos (surgeon)-complications after surgery middle and lower rectal cancer
– Prof. Dr. Copaescu Catalin (surgeon) – Round Table-Presentation of clinical cases
– Prof. Dr. Silviu Constantinople – The implications of genetics in the personalized treatment of rectum cancer.
The social and cultural programme was very attractive including visiting the town of Pecs, the old university Centre, the Basilica of the mosque, the pottery factory, the tasting visit to the Bock Winery, a therapeutic bath at the newly restored Pecs thermal baths.
I am convinced that the second edition, called “Update in Rectal cancer”, in the same organization and location, will have at least the same success, if not more, benefiting from the scientific presence and prestances of numerous invited university doctors and professors.
Prof. Dr. Silviu Constantinoiu